BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You and your traveling companions are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following tour booking terms and conditions. Commonwealth Travel Service Corporation Pte Ltd shall be referred to as "Company" in the terms and conditions below.
The terms and conditions below applies all group tours, free and easy and cruise bookings, unless otherwise stated. In event of any conflict, the terms and conditions herein shall prevail.
1) RESERVATIONS & PAYMENTS
- A reservation is made upon the payment of deposit amount as specified below. This deposit forms part of the final payment. Balance payment is to be paid fully to the Company fourteen (14) days before departure. Failure to comply with this, may result in the automatic cancellation of reservation and the forfeiture of deposit.
- All reservations are on first-come-first served basis.
- The Company reserves the right to recover any outstanding arrears via other channels, not excluding collection agencies or legal avenues in the event that full payment is not received.
A deposit is required upon making a booking. The minimum deposit required per passengers are as follows:
Deposit for Group Tours:
Tour Fare / Per Person
Deposit Amount / Per Person
$1800 and above
2) CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellation of bookings must be made in writing and received by the Company, Cancellation fees are based on per passenger and as follows:
- Cancellation Fees
The cancellation fess stated below applies to only tours/services operated by the Company. For tour products and/or individual components supplied by third (3rd) parties, the cancellation policy/fees will be subjected to the terms and conditions of the third (3rd) party(ies) and will apply with an additional $50 per passenger handling fees charged by the Company.
Period of Cancellation Notice
Group Tours/ Free n Easy
Travel Fair/ Roadshow/ Special Promo/ Charter Flight Bookings
35 Days and above0
S$300 or cost of air ticket whichever is higher
Full Deposit of booking is Forfeited
21 to 34 Days
S$500 or cost of air ticket whichever is higher
Full Deposit of booking is Forfeited
08 to 21 Days
50% of Tour Fare
100% of Tour Fare/Booking
04 to 07 Days
75% of Tour Fare
100% of Tour Fare/Booking
03 Days and less
100% of Tour Fare
100% of Tour Fare/Booking
- Cancellation by Company
Please note that the Company acts as an agent for travel services rendered and reserves the right to cancel any tours prior to departure for any reason including but not limited to insufficient number of participants or when arrangements cannot be confirmed. The Company may, if it so chooses to recommend alternate tours to you for your consideration. Should you decide not to accept the suggested alternative/s, all refunds will be made accordingly by the Company without any further obligations. The Company shall not be held liable for any contingent costs incurred by the Customer arising from the cancellation. Refunds will take around four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date we received your refund application. However, during the high volume/peak period, refunds may take more than six (6) weeks.
3) AMENDMENT POLICY
All amendment requests must be made in writing and are subject to availability and confirmation by the Company.
Any amendments (excluding departure dates, tour type or air tickets) made by passenger after reservations have been confirmed, will incur and administration fee of $100 per person/per amendment.
Amendments to Departure Date and Tour Type
For amendments to departure date and tour type, cancellation charges as stated above will apply.
Amendments on Flights/Air Tickets
Tickets issued are restricted to specific airline and it is non-negotiable, non-reissuable, non-refundable and non-re-routable. A charge of $125 per ticket will be levied for any amendment of air tickets once issued. Any alteration of the routing or change of date by the passenger is solely at their own risk and no refund will be given for any unutilized flight sector/s.
Any flight amendments, extension, deviation on the return date which is different from the group, is strictly on request and subject to airline’s terms and condition, additional charges and seat availability. Any additional charges imposed by the airline will be borne by the passenger, For tours operated on charter flights, no extension or deviation will be permitted.
Air Ticket- Group Tours
Group tickets will be issued without prior notice once a booking has been made. Once issued, no amendment/extension/ refund of air ticket is allowed.
Promotional Air Tickets: No extension of air ticket is allowed once ticket is issues. There is no refund value on the air ticket.
Non-Promotional Air Tickets: Subjected to the amendment charges from the airline and the Company. All amendments are on request basis and are subject to seats availability, taxes and airfare difference (if applicable).
Amendments on Tour Itinerary/Flight Schedule (By Company)
The Company reserves the right to make any changes at any time without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances without any obligations and compensation.
4) REFUND POLICY
Unutilized Tour Components
No refund will be made with respect to accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours or any other services included in the tour fare but not utilized by the Customer, either in part or full, or where the Customer amends, cancels or otherwise varies arrangements after commencement of the tour.
Tour Cancellation (By Customer)
Upon cancellation of your tour and/or travel services, the Company will refund the deposit paid according to the charges stipulated in section 2 (under cancellation policy). All refunds will take around 4-6 weeks. However, during the high/peak season, it may take more than 6 weeks.
The Company acts an agent for the airlines. All air ticket refunds may take around 1-3 months, depending on the individual carrier/airlines.
Tour Packages (when tours unable to confirm)
The Company acts as an agent for the service suppliers. All tours and travel package arrangements are still subject to confirmation after a deposit or full payment has been made. In the event that the reservation is unable to confirm, the Company will endeavor to notify you two (2) weeks prior to departure date and a refund of the deposit or the tour fare will be made if the reservation is cancelled as a result of not being able to confirm the reservation.
Refund mode will be in accordance to the Customers’ payment mode. For payments made by credit card, refunds will be made via the credit card company, approximately 4-6 weeks or 8 weeks during the peak season.
5) MODES OF PAYMENT
- All payments are in Singapore Dollars and can be made by cash, cheque, NETS, PayNow, credit cards or CTC travel voucher. Cheques will only be accepted if presented to the Company as least 7 working days prior to departure date.
- For payments by CTC travel voucher, all terms and conditions stipulated on the travel vouchers have to be met, before it can be accepted as a mode of payment.
6) TOUR FARE INLCUSIONS
The tour fare includes return economy class group tour air ticket, airport transfer (if any), accommodation on a twin sharing arrangement otherwise single room supplement charges will apply, admission fees, meals and sightseeing programs as stipulated in the tour itinerary.
The duration of the tour package includes the day of scheduled departure and the day of scheduled return and neither of these are full days.
All tours are conducted in English except Japan, Korea & Taiwan Group Tours are conducted in Mandarin Only
7) TOUR FARE EXCLUSIONS
The tour fare excludes airport taxes, security tax, airline insurance surcharges, airline fuel surcharges, taxes & fuel surcharges, port taxes, visa fees, service fees as specified by the airline or airport authorities where applicable custom user fees, Nordic environment tax, all domestic flights for (land tour packages), excess baggage charges, room service, beverage charges, laundry charges, travel insurance, gratuities, service fees, tipping porterage and all items of personal nature.
8) CHILD FARE
Child fare is applicable to children below 12 years of age on the date of scheduled departure from Singapore and or arrival date to Singapore. The child fare is based on twin-sharing accommodation arrangement with two (2) adults, with no additional bed. A surcharge will be imposed
where an extra bed is required for the child, or where the child occupies a room with only one (1) adult.
- In the event that the accommodation stipulated in the tour itinerary or special accommodation arrangements, as requested are not available, every effort will be made by the Company to offer alternate accommodation of similar standard.
- If you wish to occupy a single room, you are required to pay a single supplement amount as reflected in the tour booking form.
10) TRAVEL INSURANCE
Arrangement of travel insurance coverage is highly recommended for trip cancellation, loss of baggage, deposit, personal accident, injury, illness etc. Under no circumstances, shall the Company be constructed as a carrier under a contract of carriage of a passenger and of his/her baggage and other personal belongings.
Meals, including meals on board flights are indicated in the tour brochures and booking forms. If meals on board are not served due to whatever reasons, there shall be no refund nor any replacement.
12) SPECIAL REQUEST
Any special request such as special meals, dietary requirements, adjoining rooms, accommodation requirements etc shall be communicated to the Company, upon making a reservation. Please note that such requests are subject to availability and confirmation by the Company.
13) TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
- You shall ensure that you have a valid international passport with a minimum of six (6) months validity from the date of scheduled return to Singapore with at least 4 blank pages side by side. Prior to the scheduled departure date, you shall obtain the relevant valid visas, health/vaccination certificates, which may be required at the destination of travel in the tour itinerary.
Different embassies/consulates require varying lengths of time to process visa applications. It is passengers SOLE responsibility to ensure that he/she has a valid visa for travel to countries that require them regardless whether CTC Travel was engaged to apply for the visa. Please check with our sales office regarding your visa requirements at least two (2) months before your intended trip to ensure the visa requirements are fulfilled. However, cancellation charges will apply should your visa be not approved. CTC Travel will not be responsible for any expenses incurred or will reimburse or refund of any tour fare if the passenger is deported or refused entry by the immigration authorities on the tour for whatever reasons, including improper travel documents, quarantine, custom regulation and possession of unlawful items or irregularities that may cause harm/damage to person or property. Passengers are solely responsible for ensuring that they have all their valid travel documents (passport, visa etc).
- Where applicable, you shall be responsible for obtaining the necessary exit permits from the relevant authorities including but not restricted to the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Singapore, valid for the duration of the tour itinerary. It is recommended to register yourself with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for your trip.
Passengers departing on full service carries may have a check-in baggage allowance of up to twenty (20) kg and one (1) piece of hand-held baggage as maybe permitted by the respective carriers. Charges imposed by carriers for baggage in excess of such allowance shall be borne by you. In the event that your luggage/s is damaged or lost through negligence of the Company’s staff, the maximum liability of the Company for each piece of such loss or damaged baggage will be S$200. The Company is not responsible for hand-held baggage. In the event of a claim against any other Parties including but not limited to travel insurance companies, hotels, carriers and other transportation companies.
15) EXTENSION OF STAY AND DEVIATION
An extension of stay and deviation may be permitted at the final foreign destination and at the end of the tour itinerary subject to the maximum validity and restrictions of the air ticket issued to you and the availability of a confirmed return flight and accommodation for you, prior to the scheduled date of departure. It is your responsibility to hold a confirmed seat for your return flight. In the event that the requested extension stay and/or deviation is unable to be confirmed two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled departure date, you shall be deemed to be participating in the tour package according to the original tour itinerary and under such circumstances, the costs/charges imposed, if any shall be borne by you. Any extension of stay or deviation will be at your own expense and transfers to the airport will not be provided. For tour packages involving charter flights, no extension of stay or deviation shall be permitted.
16) SEAT ROTATION
For the convenience of all members of the tour group, you may be requested to rotate your seating arrangements on the coach or other land transport during the duration of the trip.
- The Company acts as an agent for the carriers, transportation companies, hotels, cruise liners and other principals of the tour package. The Company accepts no responsibility for any injury caused to you, loss or expenses incurred by you and damage to your belongings where the Company has not been negligent nor in breach of any duty and or where the aforementioned injury, loss, expenses and or damage results directly or indirectly from any occurrence beyond the Company’s control and or including but not limited to the breakdown of equipment, strike, delay, weather, medical reason, theft, quarantine regulation, customs regulation, cancellation, change in the tour itinerary and or flight and or other transport schedules, deportation and or refusal entry by immigration authorities resulting from the possession of illegal and or unlawful items and or holding invalid travel documents and or behavior and or activities are considered subversive by the foreign government concerned.
- The failure of the client to follow reasonable instruction including but not limited to check-in and or check-out places and or times or other causes and the losses and or expenses resulting therefrom shall be borne by the client. All necessary travel documents shall be the responsibility of the person participating in the tour package.
- Alter tour itineraries, travel arrangements, accommodation due to unforeseen changes in flight or other transportation schedules, conditions in the countries of travel or transit according to the tour itinerary or upon the occurrence of a force majeure event and such alteration may be deemed appropriate by the Company with or without prior notice to you.
- To cancel any reservations prior to departure for reasons including but not limited to the insufficient number of participants the occurrence of which would require the deposit or tour fare to be refunded without further obligations on the part of the Company, upon your surrender to the Company of all documents issued by the Company for the purpose of the tour package. The Company will recommend alternative tours, either to the same destination or other destinations. Should you decide not to accept the alternative/s, all monies paid by you shall be refunded in full by the Company without further obligations on the part of the Company.
- Require any individual to withdraw from the tour if it is deemed that his or her behavior or conduct is detrimental to or incompatible with the health, safety interests, harmony and welfare of the other tour participants and the tour group as a whole. Under such circumstances, the Company shall be under no liability thereafter to any such person.
- To specify the language(s) in which the tour guide will conduct commentary in.
- No tour guides, tour leaders or other employees or agents of the Company are authorized to commit the Company to any liability whatsoever and the Company shall not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by a Management Executive of the Company.
- All tour fares for the respective tour packages are correct at the time of reservation. The Company reserves the right to revise the tour fares and to determine the date of commencement of such revised tour fares. No refund will be made to any person for unused air tickets or for unconsumed meals, attractions and associated tour arrangements or accommodation not used in part or in full.
- All tour prices quoted are in Singapore Dollars.
18) NO VARIATION OF CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions shall not be amended or waived except by written agreement between you and the Company.
19) COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
Any complaint and or claim shall be submitted in writing within fourteen (14) days from the date of return to Singapore on the last day of the tour itinerary, for the company’s investigation. No responsibility is accepted in respect of any complaint and or claim not so made.
20) CONFIDENTALITY OF INFORMATION
The Company will consider every transaction as confidential matter and not disclose any information without your permission unless as required by law.
(Effective 01 July 2023)